03 August 2007

It's Finished



I've finally finished the casket for the Competition. It's been very interesting to make but proved quite a challenge in many respects, not least 'cos of the curved surfaces and of course the secret mitre dovetails. I was speaking to the editor of F&C yesterday and he's very keen for an article with emphasis on the construction as it hasn't been covered in the mag for a number of years, so I'd better get busy on the keyboard....they don't call me 'fingers' (preceeded by a suitable adjective) at work for nothing! I thought I would put up a couple of sneaky pics of the finished project in the Blog.
On a more mundane note, we've got Dad's funeral in Guidford next Thursday which will be a bit of a trial for all concerned. I for one will be glad when it's over and I can get back to some semblance of normality


2 comments:

Paul Chapman said...

That's absolutely beautiful, Rob.

Will be thinking about you and your family next week.

Cheers

Paul

Philly said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Rob.
Hope all goes well,
Best regards
Phil